Ethan and I created her, one delightfully sunny Sunday afternoon when the snow was perfect for making a snowman. To our wondering awe, she continued to evolve. The next day, Livi and Megan came over and helped add some very important feminine details to help distinguish her from all the other Snow People. She is playfully known as Frostine but her closest friends called her Frost for short. Frost was a giant among men, measuring over seven feet high.
As she began to melt and the days got warmer (is that possible in Cache Valley), I started adding snowballs to enhance her beauty. To make the process go faster, I filled a small bowl with snow and pounded it onto her. My friend, Emily Ashcroft came over several times to assist me. As you'll notice, there are flowers in her hair.. . flowers everywhere!

She's melting, melting. . . . there's nothing I can do to save her. As a result of my valiant efforts to create my master piece, I herniated a disc in my lower back. My doctor said, "No more making snowmen." She brought a lot of joy and happiness into my life and to those that passed by on the road. I received many comments about her. The only disheartening thing was my family did not notice her. . . they didn't appreciate her girth and magnificence. I have learned to forgive my transgressors.
As she melted it was impossible to keep her face on, I feel that way somedays after experiencing a hot flash! I can relate.














7 comments:
OK, I just have to comment about this little snowman since I drove by it every day, probably 5 times a day. This is Jill Blotter and I feel like I'm snooping! Sorry. I was reading my neice's blog and you left her a message and i thought...Hyde Park? Jan Balls? I'll have to see if it is who I think it is! And it was. Hi! Loved the snowman and I love your cute home. Also, your grandkids really are the CUTEST!
Jill, who is your niece? Thanks for your comment. Glad you stopped by.
Jan, What is your e-mail? The one I just sent got sent back?
You are so cute Jan!! :) You would build a SNOW WOMAN! You go girlfriend!
Jan,
Shelli Chambers. Her mom is my siser, Josie Webb. Shelli grew up in Richmond and married Dustin Chambers from Smithfield, they now live outside Rexburg, ID. She is so amazing at scrapbooking well, actually she is amazing at about everything she does. She is one of those totally put together people. She just started a blog a month or so ago and it is so cute. I've been wanting her to give me a little class on making these cute photo cards. Just like you see on her blog digitally with pictures. She sends them to my mom for their birthdays, holidays and they are way cuter than anything you could buy. She is really into photography which helps. So there is a long answer to a short question! Hey, you should check out my sister's blog. I just went there and now I am so hungry I could die. You'll see what I mean! It's http://jw.blogspot.com
Jill, my address is www.janballs@digis.net. I got your niece's blog from my neighbor and I loved her layout and wanted to find out where she got it. I just started blogging too and it's addictive.
Post a Comment