It all began on June 21, 1983

believe tag

Jesus Christ is our Savior, our Brother and Friend

Jesus Christ is our Savior, our Brother and Friend

Monday, March 31, 2008

Deniece's valiant battle with cancer

Deniece is still in the American Fork Hospital struggling to stay alive. I have such mixed emotions. . . I want her around a little longer but I know she's suffering. I never really got to tell her good bye and how much I loved her and learned from her. She is an amazing person, touching countless lives.

If she can get well enough to leave the hospital, she'll be taken home to live out the rest of her days. She's not afraid to die. She feels like it's just not time. I hope so. . . selfishly, I want one last visit with her.

They called their son, Willie, who is serving a mission in France, to let him know of his mother's condition. He seemed to handle the news as well as could be expected. Before leaving on his mission, he knew there could be a possibility that she wouldn't make it until he got home, but he knew he was to serve a mission.

All that we can do is pray that she will feel comforted and be at peace, and that her family will also. Years of suffering, and she still feels like she needs to be here on this earth. She's an amazing lady. She asked me one day if I knew what she should be doing, what could she do to find favor with her Heavenly Father. That was a hard question for me to answer. We also talked about the two long years of Willie's mission. She said that he wanted her to pick a gift that he could bring her from France and said I want nothing more than to have Willie come home and watch a movie with me like they often did before his mission. The past year and a half have been spent just trying to endure all the pain and suffering and do all that could be done medically to kill her cancer so she would be here when Willie gets home in August 2008. She's an amazing lady.

We have gotten to have her one more day. I know Kelly is grateful for that blessing!


Deniece's daughter, Kandace and her husband, Shane bought themselves a new puppy, named Max. Both the dogs are the Pug breed. Through out Deniece's many chemo treatments and feeling terrible, Buddy was always at her side in her favorite chair. When sleep was not always an option for her, her friend Buddy continue to be at her side whether it was to go downstairs and eat a Fat Boy or let Buddy outside to do his thing. They hung out together all night long.


No comments:

Shake a leg and burst into SONG