I'm very sad today. I received word that my dear friend, Deniece Liljenquist is not doing well and is in the hospital. She has breast cancer and the tumor is in her chest area and has doubled in size. She isn't able to have chemo due to her poor health. Their hope was to start chemo as soon as possible but now it's too late. She is struggling to breathe. Her doctor said they can't treat her cancer anymore and will make her comfortable. It breaks my heart. She was trying to stay alive until her son, Willie got home from his mission in August. She was determined to prove the doctors wrong. Deniece is tough and has battled this for seven years.
I have been so privileged to spent time with her this past month and in Feb. We had some good times together. She was well enough to go shopping, out to eat and even stayed up late with me watching our favorite shows like American Idol, Survivor, Dancing with the Stars and Lost. She was a trooper. Always so positive, never complaining. We spent hours talking. After talking to Deniece, you feel better about yourself because of her many kind and thoughtful words. I am so grateful for the time I was able to spend with her. A small miracle in my eyes.
My family was so awesome to let me go for days at a time. Dan took care of everything at home.
I really dreaded driving to Pleasant Grove especially in the winter. I usually had to psych myself up to go. I think I inherited this anxiety or fear from my mom. But this time was different. I was so blessed to come and go with the breeze. I actually enjoyed the drive. The roads were always dry and the sun was shinning down on me. My little bug drove like a dream. I have been praying for a miracle in my life, could this have been it? I didn't care what miracle, I just desired one with all my heart.
If its the Lord's will, she'll be here to greet Willie with a smile. If not, she was needed at home with her Heavenly Father.
Love ya Deneice
I have been so privileged to spent time with her this past month and in Feb. We had some good times together. She was well enough to go shopping, out to eat and even stayed up late with me watching our favorite shows like American Idol, Survivor, Dancing with the Stars and Lost. She was a trooper. Always so positive, never complaining. We spent hours talking. After talking to Deniece, you feel better about yourself because of her many kind and thoughtful words. I am so grateful for the time I was able to spend with her. A small miracle in my eyes.
My family was so awesome to let me go for days at a time. Dan took care of everything at home.
I really dreaded driving to Pleasant Grove especially in the winter. I usually had to psych myself up to go. I think I inherited this anxiety or fear from my mom. But this time was different. I was so blessed to come and go with the breeze. I actually enjoyed the drive. The roads were always dry and the sun was shinning down on me. My little bug drove like a dream. I have been praying for a miracle in my life, could this have been it? I didn't care what miracle, I just desired one with all my heart.
If its the Lord's will, she'll be here to greet Willie with a smile. If not, she was needed at home with her Heavenly Father.
Love ya Deneice













1 comment:
She was amazing every time I met her at your home was so kind and upbeat. Truly the epitomy of bearing your burdens well. Are you going down today to see if, if so yell and Cricket can come over.
Post a Comment