It all began on June 21, 1983

believe tag

Jesus Christ is our Savior, our Brother and Friend

Jesus Christ is our Savior, our Brother and Friend

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Five new members of the Balls Family

Cricket gave birth to five healthy little puppies yesterday. Four girls and one boy. More photos to come. I should say BETTER photos to come, thanks to Megan's super-dooper camera.


Cricket went into labor this morning. By noon, she was well on her way to motherhood. By 12:25 p.m., the first little girl popped out. I don't think Cricket quite knew what to do. The puppy had a thin membrane over her face and Cricket wasn't tearing it off as fast as I would like, so I did. We wanted to see the little thing start breathing.

I was due at the hospital in 15 minutes for another spinal injection and I didn't want to miss the other births. We called the hospital to see if they were on time. . . .yes they were. Darn! I left Dan and Megan in charge. Megan brought over her nice camera, and we were snapping pictures right and left.

When my injection was done at 1:54 p.m., I called Dan to come and pick me up. I wasn't to drive home. When we got home, Dan told me we had four puppies. Three were born while I was gone. I rushed to Cricket's side as all good mothers do. I counted. . .1-2-3-4-5 puppies. One was born while Dan was gone to pick me up. I think the last one was Cricket's runt. She was still wet when I picked her up.

Crick is a good mom. I had to bring food and water to her. She rarely leaves their side.

Lot's of action at our house. Around 3:30 p.m., I laid down as my back was hurting after the injection. I took a muscle relaxer as my doctor advised. I fell asleep not waking until this morning (26th) at 8 a.m. I missed all the excitement but I was dead to the world.

1 comment:

Megan and Jon said...

I keep thinking surely I will be asked to be the godmother. I'm still waiting for official invite.
I put up a picture of Liv with them, she was so thrilled you let her hold them. Thank you

Shake a leg and burst into SONG