Today and yesterday (walked with Jill and if she had not called and asked me to walk, I'd still be doing nothing---so thanks Jill), I walked two miles. Yeehaw! ! I couldn't have done it without the help of my jogger. I need the cement to weight down the jogger so it won't tip backwards. It gives me more support. I have gotten a few looks as I walk down 8Th East. I loved being able to walk and being outside in the sunshine. It was lovely.

One of the 12 year olds in my Sunday School class, Trent Fife. Saw me out with the jogger a few weeks ago, as I went on a little stroll with Livi. She rode her bike. Anyway, Trent wondered why I had a piece of cement in my stroller. I told him, if he could come up with something cooler, I'd reward him greatly. You never say that to a 12 year old boy unless you are ready to back up your words. On Halloween Eve, as I answered the door expecting a trick or treater, it was Trent standing there holding a baby doll in his arms. At first, I thought it was part of his costume, but soon learned that it wasn't, and that the doll was for ME.
He filled the doll's body with sand and wrapped a weight about it. She came with the cute blanket as well. She's a heavy sucker. I'll be known as the "crazy lady", that walks up and down the street with a doll in her jogger. Wave and honk when you see the "crazy lady".
I feel lucky that I can walk with the aid of a jogger. I'm not crippled, I can walk short distances, but if I try to walk long distances, my lower back starts to ache and cramps up, it's hard to continue, and a girl needs HER exercise.
One day, I won't need my jogger.
Count your many blessings! ! !














2 comments:
I am so proud! I ran 2 miles at the gym, and I wont even tell you how long it took me, but man, was I sorry the next morning! That was 2 weeks ago and I haven't been back. I am sticking it to the man, while eating ice cream and NOT working out.
You go girl. Crazy You.. NEVER EVER. Anytime you need a different weight for the stroller I'm happy to help would ride along while you walk.. then we would be called crazy.
Post a Comment