I have been feeling a bit discouraged due to my back problems, loss of mobility and some weight gain. I picked up the Ensign for this month, and thumbed through it and happened upon this article. "Looking to the Lord", by Mary N Cook, First Counselor in the Young Women General Presidency. She talked about challenges and "when we focus on the narrow view of our circumstances, we may miss seeing many of the opportunities the Lord has in store for us. Do we allow our circumstances to limit our view, or do we look up to the Lord, who can expand our vision?"
"Challenges-such as poor health, loss of a loved one, accident, divorce, or financial reversals-are a part of everyone's life. We all encounter unplanned difficulties. Responding positively to those difficulties is a great challenge."
"In For the Strength of Youth, the First Presidency PROMISES: "The Lord will make much more out of your life than you can by yourself. He will increase your opportunities, expand your vision, and strengthen you. He will give you the help you need to meet your trials and challenges."
I have struggled with what to do with my life. . . . how can I make a difference? I exist in no man's land these days. My prayers haven't been fervent and I am lost. I thought that this surgery would instantly fix my back and leg problems and I would be good to go. I haven't looked to the Lord for help and I realize that I can't exist without his help. I'm helpless without Him.
Because of this wonderful article, I realize that my Heavenly Father can expand my limited, mortal vision to an eternal perspective. I've temporally lost my vision, I can see that now.
Sister Cook said, " Through answers to prayer, I have learned that the Lord knows me, loves me, and is aware of me and of my circumstances. This knowledge has given me the faith that He will continue to help me meet future trials and challenges as I look to Him for opportunities and "choose rigorousness and happiness, no matter what my circumstances."
This is my goal to pray with real faith for direction and vision for my life. I'm excited to take on this challenge and will let you know what miracle happens in my life. There will be a miracle, I know this without any doubts.














No comments:
Post a Comment