Our family unit was going to be small and we decided that we didn't' want to cook another huge dinner. We were already tired of left-overs. So at 11 a.m., Dan, Ethan, grandma, and I headed down to the very Golden Corral. Dan wanted to beat the crowd, and we did to some respect. We consumed smaller portions of food than we would have if the food were homemade. Nevertheless, it a lovely meal together.
After to meal, Ethan, Dan and I went to see the movie Twilight. How disappointing and boring. I thought Dan would die of boredom. The book is so much better. If you haven't read the book and go see the movie, you will miss a lot of key information that makes the book more interesting. The movie just couldn't capture the romance, the fear, the friendships, the danger, the acceptance of the Cullin clan to Bella, and just a whole boat load of key emotions and DETAILS. Important details were left out. I just liked the details in the book. . .call me crazy. Plus when the author rambled on and on, I just skipped those parts in the book.
Dan says I speed read the books anyway, and probably skipped alot of the first book. He thinks just maybe, perhaps the book "could" have been true to form. What does he know anyway? ? ? He thought it was boring too.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Thanksgiving Day Dinner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














1 comment:
I am glad you found the movie to be a wee bit of a disappointment. twilight is a so-so book. Meyer is not that great of an author - its what you would call an easy read, boring, like you said yourself that you skipped the parts in the book that got boring...
I am having the hardest time getting through book #4 - not because I don't like it - because the book is SO stinkin predictable...I cannot stand it how perfect everything is in the Bella/Edward world.
Come on, give up SOMETHING in your life...
haha ok I am done ranting... my apologies.
I am glad you had a good Thanksgiving Jan!! kiss kiss hug hug! mwah
Post a Comment