Today, I was set apart as the RS Secretary. The setting apart blessing was amazing. Bro. Brett Allred gave it to me. Before he could begin with the blessing part of the setting apart, he paused for what seemed like minutes. He got very choked up and could hardly speak. The pause was so long, that Dan and I both began to cry. When he pronounced the blessing upon, I cried even harder as did Bro. Allred. The Lord wanted to me know that he has heard my prayers and is very aware of my health issues. That my service as Secretary wouldn't be hindered by my health problems. That I should read and study the scriptures to be prepared to share with the sisters. I can't remember much, and either can Dan. I had to call Celia and Sabrina to find out what they heard. I was so taken back by the Spirit and the emotion of the blessing that my mind drew a blank. I believe that if I call about the Holy Ghost to help bring this back to my memory, it would happen. I will work on that. The Lord showered his tender mercies upon me yesterday in great abundance. I can't not be more grateful for his compassion and love. It was one of the most powerful blessings that I have ever received. I shall always cherish it. I'm very grateful to Bro. Allred for being in tune and for listening to the Spirit.
The new president is Celia Ashcroft, 1st Counselor is Laura Paskett, and 2nd is Charlotte Francis. She is new in the ward. Sabrina Hatch is the Enrichment leader. I am taking her place.
For months, I have prayed to know my purpose and what I should be doing with my life. Should I get a job? What should I be doing. What could I do with my back problems that hinder a majority of my life and the Lord answered me. The last time I prayed for a new job, the Lord called me on a mission. I also prayed that the person giving me the blessing would be in tune to my specific issues, concerns and thoughts and Bro. Allred was.
What a memorable day.
Dana and the kids came over last night for a visit too. It's always fun to see them.
Monday, March 8, 2010
New Calling
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














2 comments:
DANG IT! We were going to surprise you and come, but I had a PPI with the bishop and by the time i got home and got Brady awake it was too late:( (about 345) I'm SO sad we missed out now. Sounds like an amazing experience. You have so much faith Jan! We just love you! You will be GREAT in this calling!
What a wonderful experience! You are such an amazing lady Jan!
Post a Comment