On my actual birthday, I awoke to a beautiful day. I got ready to go to North Park Elem. to do the Dibels testing. Man, that was a hard day for me, I couldn't keep my eyes open. So tired and I don't know why. It was just so laborious hearing the same thing over and over again.
After working, I headed down to the DMV to get my driver's license updated. That means they had to take a new picture me. I waited in line for a half an hour and it was hot in there. I felt like a wilted flower and looked even worse.
When I got home, Livi came over to give me a gift and card. She gave me nail art stickers. When she left, she took two puppies with her to babysit.
Idona came over representing the RS and had a fun gift. A potato sack that is used to cook potatoes in the microwave.
Later that evening, Jan Reeder stopped by with a plate of cookies and we had a great visit. I just love Jan. She is without guile.
Around 8:30, the door bell rang and it was Emily Ashcroft, Amy Evans, and Linda Walker coming to wish me a happy birthday. They were bearing gifts. . . .strange ones. I later learned that they were cleaning out the young women closet and the cute girls created gifts for me. I know have a Laurel necklace charm, a huge pot of a variety of flowers and a potpourri container. I love my girls. They never ever forget my birthday. Love you girls.
I received several phone calls or texts wishing me a Happy Birthday. Thanks everyone for thinking of me and remembering me.
I got many birthday cards. One from, Tawnya, Nancy and dad, Zell Allred, Robin Belliston. It was special.
Gifts from Danton. He picked up on all my subliminal hints. He spoiled me. If you can't tell, there are things to paint your walls so you won't have to tape it off. There's a label maker. Brady let me use his and I had a blast labeling everything I own. Last, but not least, products from Bath and Body, one of my addictions and money pits.
Brady and Jess gave me the first season of X-Files. Brady knows that back in the day, when he was a boy, I use to watch X-Files all the time. I was obsessed with it. It's not hard for me to become obsessed with something, and my sons know it and know me well. I'm a lucky mom.
Konnor

Danalin makes each of us a fleece blanket for our birthday. She asked me what theme I wanted and all I could think of was Betty Boop or VW bugs. She couldn't find any bugs. I love my blanket. . . .thank you Dana. What a fun and memorable gift.
Cheese cake. . .DUH and my Orea Cookie Cake. It tasted good. Lot's of homemade cream chesse frosting slathered in between the cookie layers.
ETHAN snuggling with his favorite pup. He fondly named her "The Bear", as she is the biggest one. He loves his girl.
Of course, the puppies were invited to my party. They are the life of the party. Such cute little stinkers.


















No comments:
Post a Comment