It's been two years since Deniece passed away. It seems like an eternity since she left us. She had such a marvelous way with those around her. In her last weeks, I was able to spend some time with her and she treated everyone around her with grace and Christ-like love and compassion. I learned much from her. She was in pain yet she made sure everyone was happy and comfortable. What can I say, she was an inspiration. We had to make a trip to the Mall so she could get her dark chocolate orange chocolates. It was fun eating them together. They never tasted so good while eating them with her. We went to lunch, shopping and ran errands. They'll always be great memories for me. I loved our long talks. She was really trying to set her life in order, for I'm sure she knew it wasn't long before she would be called home. I knew she was trying desperately to be here for Willie when he returned from his mission. The Lord has other plans.
I wish I knew what she was going in the Spirit World. She would be such an asset for Heavenly Father and the Savior. I'm sure she's blessing the life of all those she comes in contact with.
What a beautiful lady! ! She has left an legacy!
Friday, April 2, 2010
In Memory of a Special Friend
"I Can Only Imagine"
My favorite song dedicated to Deniece
"I can only imagine what it will be like, when I walk by Your side. . .
I can only imagine, what my eyes will see,
when Your Face is before me!
I can only imagine. I can only imagine.
Surrounded by Your Glory, what will my heart feel?
Will I dance for you, Jesus? Or in awe of You,
be still?
Will I stand in Your presence,
or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing 'Hallelujah!'?
Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine! I can only imagine!
I can only imagine, when that day comes,
when I find myself standing in the Son!
I can only imagine, when all I will do, is forever, forever worship you!
I can only imagine! I can only imagine!
Surrounded by Your Glory, what will my heart feel?
I can only imagine, when all I do is forever, forever worship You! I can only imagine."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















1 comment:
Wow, that was so sweet Jan. Thank you for this, I needed it today. She loved you so much and was so excited when you would come down to visit. I hope to see you soon. Thank you for your friendship and for all that you mean to our family
Post a Comment