Once again, the Dibels testing has began. We'll go to each elementary school in the Cache County School District once more this year. I think there's around 14 schools. So that's 14 days that I will work this month. I love the ladies that I work with and I love the kids that I test. The test can become monotonous and long at times. Our backs and necks will begin to ache around noon. We start at 9 am and go til noon, then have a break and depending on how many classes are left, that's how long we'll work after lunch. For a few years, each school provided us with a delicious lunch free of charge and we were on the clock during our lunch hour. It was like a party. But with all the cut backs, lunch is no longer provided for us. . . . sad. We get paid 12.00 an hour. When I started seven years ago, it was 11.00. Crazy. I started long ago with Celia Ashcroft and Laurie Thomas. The group has changed through the years. Sara Krebs is our boss and she also lives in my neighborhood. There have been times, when I could hardly sit there for an hour let alone 3 hours, due to my back. It been good money so I try and stick with it, but many times wanting to quit. It sometimes becomes a mental game for me. I have to psych myself up for it.
Celia Ashcroft just finished testing a student. Canyon Library
Diane Tippetts testing a student
Correcting the handwriting sheets. We all hate doing this.















No comments:
Post a Comment