It all began on June 21, 1983

believe tag

Jesus Christ is our Savior, our Brother and Friend

Jesus Christ is our Savior, our Brother and Friend

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Met One of the Little Chocolatiers




T-shirt and 1/2 lb of Hatch Chocolates



Yesterday, Dan and I went to SLC to an appointment I had with a neurosurgeon to get a second opionion about my back and the surgery that Dr. Hooley has suggested to correct the failed fusions I had 25 years ago. We rode my bug down to Layton to get another key for it and to obtain a new key, one has to go to a VW dealership. I went crazy looking at all the new bugs. I want one with leather interior and a sun roof. A wish you might say and as my father always said, "If wishes were fishes, we'd all have a fry".


Dan took me to the Layton Hills Mall. I bought small containers of lotion for the graduating Laurels that will be coming into Relief Society for their birthdays. Dan let me get some more plugs ins from Bath and Body and a couple of lotions. He's so good to me. Can't tell me no, it would seem.


The doctor visit was non-eventful. He said he wouldn't preform the surgery and told me to decide for myself. It will either work well and I may still have back pain, or it won't work and I'll still have back pain. My back pain is undefined so surgery isn't always the best solution. I need to decide if I can leave with my pain or if I can not. I do fell really good about Dr. Hooley and his discovery of my failed fusion and he's plan of action. Yes, it's a major surgery, with a lot of recovery time. I feel like I was prompted to go back to Hooley and that he was inspired to investigate further my old fusions at L 3 L4. No other doctor has done that. and they knew a fusion had been done. I feel like this all stems from the setting apart blessing that Brett Allred gave me when I was set apart to be the RS secretary. It was one of the most spiritual blessings I have ever experienced.


Well I got my second opinion like Dr. Garg asked me to. He's my pain management doctor. In fact, Ethan and I go in today for more injections. Mine are in my neck and Ethan's are in his back. He doesn't seem to feel much better. One of his discs is bad enough for surgery but we are trying to hold off that.


The exciting part, on our way home I wanted to visit the chocolate shop of the couple that are on the TV show called "The Little Chocolatiers", on TLC. Megan helped me find the address and we headed straight to the store. It was on 4th avenue on the avenues. I asked if they posed for pictures and the employee said yes and went back and asked her. She was elbow deep in dipping and asked if we could wait 10 minutes. Of course, we can wait.


She was darling and most gracious. I got a picture, bought one of their T-shirts and a small box of expensive chocolates. More expensive then Florence Chocolates from Rexburg Idado, whom I love more than any other chocolate in the world. But I can't eat them right now as I am on phase 3 maintenance of the HCG diet. They will be hidden away like the golden plates.

All in all, yesterday was a fantastic day.

No comments:

Shake a leg and burst into SONG