It all began on June 21, 1983

believe tag

Jesus Christ is our Savior, our Brother and Friend

Jesus Christ is our Savior, our Brother and Friend

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Nativity -Warner style

Christmas Eve, we went down to my dad's and Nancy's for dinner, gift exchange and the reenactment of the Nativity. We had soup in bread bowls. I brought a Waldorf salad. Miss brought a salad, Tawnya brought soup, Teresa and JoDee brought delicious Christmas treats.


The Nativity- Warner style
The Cast:
Mary: Torie Fitzgerald.
Joseph: Dan Balls.
Christ: a doll.
Donkey: Russ Warner.
Angel: Allie Warner.
Shepards: Allen and Andrew Warner.
Wise men: Tena, Tawnie and Tavis Fitzgerald.
Narrator: Jan Balls.
Script: New Testament in Mathew



Perfect role for you Russ. . . a donkey or A _ _!
Just kidding my bro, you're a good sport

Missy and her family were there, Tawnya and Bob, JoDee and Curtis and girls and granddaughter. All of our kids except for Dana and gang. Russ and family were there too. It seemed small without everyone there. Nancy does a nice job and really tries hard to keep all of us together. She isn't feeling well but that didn't hold her back from having this party. She's been an amazingly wonderful step mom. She has been so good for my dad.

After things were wrapped up. We headed for home. Danton and Ethan were in Danton's Jeep. Brady and Jess were in their own car and of course, Dan and I were in our car.
We got to Grandma Balls around 10-ish. The kids went prepared to spend the night in her basement, except for Danton and Dan and I. We visited for several hours and then went to bed.
The next morning, Dan and I went over to the Christmas party. Danton was able to get up too. We opened gifts. Grandma spoiled us again this year. She spends so much money on us. Around 10 a.m., we started our fat laden breakfast. Dan fried the bacon and ham. Grandma fried the hash brown. I got the easy job, buttering the homemade toast. I brought my cocoa maker and had piping hot cups of hot chocolate with tons of marshmallows. Once the eggs were fried, we were ready to eat. I can only eat this way once a year. Not that I am a picture of health but anyway. . . .
Most of us took a little nap and then around 3 p.m., Dana and family came over to exchange gifts. Grandma had made BBQ, potato salad, a tossed salad, homemade hamburger buns, veggies and chips. So we had a late lunch all together, thanks to grandma. Grandma loves Christmas as we are all together. The kids love sleeping over on Christmas Eve. She has created some wonderful memories and makes such a fuss. We are blessed to have her in our lives. She's one of a kind, thoughtful, loving, generous, and sweet.

No comments:

Shake a leg and burst into SONG