I am one proud mother. Today, Ethan blessed the sacrament for his first time. His voice was calm, his words exact. I listened more intently than ever before. The words were wonderful. What a blessing in our lives, to have the opportunity to partake of the sacrament.
Elder Russell M Nelson said, "The sacramental prayers have been revealed by the Lord. Sacramental prayers are to be offered understandably because he who prays is giving voice to covenants that others are making."
I wonder how many young men realize what a privilege it is to give voice to the sacramental covenants. Do they realize they are symbolically praying over the sacred body of our Savior. I would give anything if my sons were able to come to that complete understanding of the great honor it is to hold the priesthood and to bless and pass the sacrament.
I so look forward to the day that I hear all of my sons offer those precious words.
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Renew Our Covenants
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














3 comments:
I have to tell you that I was in awe when I heard Ethan give the Sacrament prayer. He was clear and concise. For just a moment I thought it was Dan.
Tell him he really did do a great job!
Ethan did do a great job, unlike most first timers he wasn't nervous at all and was clear and just well. ETHAN. he is awesome.
I can not believe he is that old already! Tell him good job!
Post a Comment