December 23rd, 2008, Ethan turned ever-so-sweet sixteen. The sign says, "Clear the streets, Ethan is 16. Happy Birthday". Ranee Savage runs a little business, called Lawn Cardz. I hired her to do Dan's 50th and Dan hired her to do mine. She charges 40.00. She puts them out early in the morning, leaves a little bag of treats and picks them up after dark.

I wish (at the time)I would of had a better camera to take these pictures. They aren't very clear. . . but what can you expect from a camera phone. They're not bubbling over with pixels. There was just a bunch of happy things stuck in the snow.



Here my boy sits in my car waiting for me to take some pictures of the mess on the lawn. He really did like the attention. He got some disappointing news on the morning of his birthday. He was under the impression that he could just go in to the DMV, and someone there would take him on the road test. I happened to call and found out the bad news. They were booked for a week. I scheduled his test on 12-31-08. I thought he'd be a beast all day and mopey. . .but no, he was Ethan-as-usual.
Can you see him in the driver's seat. Since he got his permit many months ago, he has been my designated driver. When he takes a corner too fast, I yell at him. And when I turn incorrectly, he yells back. We have one of those relationships, that's called "comme ci, comme ca". Well, first you have to speak a bit of French so that you know what is actually being said! The correct phrase is "comme ci, comme ça" and is pronounced roughly, "kumm see, kumm sah". All it means is "Like this, like that". Wee wee, I speakish a bit of French, "Parles-tu français?"














No comments:
Post a Comment