Can you see the cord wrapped in a circle and taped to my back? Alittle lower is where they inserted the wires.
I got the call on Dec. 30th, that Dr. Garg's office finally got approval for me to try the Spinal Cord Stimulator. Our goal was to get it done this year, as our out of pocket has been met and this procedure would be paid 100%. I felt like the governor had called to stay my execution.
I went in at 2:30 p.m. on New Year's Eve day. Dr. Garg put the probes into my back. I was on the table a while as he fine tuned their positions. I wasn't out but was slightly sedated. I got very little sleep the night before and that helped to make me tired and more sedated. It hurt a bit.
I also broke out again with hives. We were wondering if the hives were from the tape on my back. I have gotten a rash with blisters from surgical tape. Wherever the tape was, was where I itched most. But the rash has spread to other areas of my bod. Which has made the whole process difficult to relax enough to be able to tell if the probe is working. It really tingles my legs, which it's meant to do. But my lower back still hurt a little.
Today, I go in to have it out and discuss putting the real one in surgically. I pray it stops my itching. These sleepless nights are getting to me. May the force be with me.














1 comment:
Holy crap... i can honestly say that doesn't look fun. I hope you are healing ok!
Post a Comment