It all began on June 21, 1983

believe tag

Jesus Christ is our Savior, our Brother and Friend

Jesus Christ is our Savior, our Brother and Friend

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Ding Dong MY Brain is Dead

"I'm 50, for a moment, caught in between 40 and 60 and the sun is getting high and I'm moving on. . . . I'm 50. chasing the years of my life. Fifty, there's still time for me. . .there's never a wish better than this, when I've only got a 100 years to live." (100 Year by Five For Fighting)

I'm chasing the years of my life and some days I'm losing the race. Case in point: the other day, I purchased some things at Hobby Lobby. Later that night, I was going through the items, and thought, "Oh my heck, I have been charged for three things that I did not purchase. I'm going to march right back to the store and let them know. I even checked everything off the sales receipt and yep, I was charged $7.43 for three invisible items.

The next day, I took all my purchases back to Hobby Lobby and explained my dilemma and that I had no idea how this could happen. They were very accommodating and totally took my word for this mistake and refunded my $7.43. What a great store! !

Well, the day after that, I was sitting in my bathroom straightening my hair, listening to my MP3 player. I was listening to the Book of Mormon. It's amazing that I didn't fry the ear thingies with my straight iron. Anyway. . .it really doesn't matter where I was but it matters what the Holy Ghost brought back to my memory. The thought flashed into my mind. . . Danton's Birthday and the cute napkins, plates and table cloth that I just bought earlier this week, and had hidden away shortly after I had gotten home from ? ? ? ? ? Yes, Hobby Lobby. Crap! (excuse my French) How could I have forgotten this? I'm 50, is there really time left for me?

This began on Thursday, and today, Saturday, I went back to Hobby Lobbyand re-bought the three items that added up to $7.43.

1 comment:

Brady and Jess said...

Oh Jan...so honest! You are so darling! I LOVE HOBBY LOBBY!!!!!

Shake a leg and burst into SONG